Saturday, September 11, 2010

DC Update

I just got back from a run and feel great! I feel like I did not give DC enough props yesterday. My run was not planned but I ran along the Mount Vernon trail. I wanted to run as long as I felt like without any speed or time criteria. It was amazing. It is so green here with so much activity. There were many people out running, cycling, playing soccer, and hanging with their families. I could not resist the lure of the Memorial Bridge and I am glad that I went over there. You can see many of the amazing monuments and beautiful aspects of the city along with the Potomac River--the Washington, Lincoln, and FDR Memorials, Arlington House on the hill overlooking the cemetery, and the 9/11 memorial. It is all very beautiful, peaceful, and filled with so much historic relevance.

Another amazing part of the Mount Vernon trail is Graveley Point right off of the main runway at National Airport. You can sit and watch planes take off and land right over and in front of you. It is really cool. The planes are so graceful and beautiful as they move along and above the runway. I like the possibilities that this represents--where are people going? what are they doing?

So, I may have had some weird consequences related to visiting DC, and I am still not sure if I am going to volunteer for any work trips any time soon. However, I no longer think that the city is out to get me--HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment