Thursday, February 10, 2011

Shout out to Bob!!

I have to send thanks to Bob Marley this week. I was more behind than usual in my trip preparations on Saturday. As I was driving to work about 3 hours before my international flight to retrieve some forgotten paperwork, I turned on the radio. The station was playing Bob Marley 24/7 for the weekend--totally centered me! If I has listened to my regular fast paced electronica, my head would have exploded.

At the end of the day, all I need to travel is my insulin, ID/Passport, and cash/credit cards. I was a little worried about this trip, however, because I am a 5'10" female in Asia. If I am missing critical work clothes, finding replacements could be a challenge.

***News Flash*** If you are interested in following a Type 1 as she sails the Florida Keys solo, check out the following Erin Spineto's Blog: Erin will be tackling this trip in the next few weeks. Another example of how relentlessly awesome Type 1's are!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am A type 1 too. I make sure that i don't remind myself about being diabetic and live a normal life. Its simple. Really. Just adopt a healthy life style. For starters i use Natvia http://natvia.com/ a natural sweetener in my food. its great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a year and a half later, but thanks for posting this!! I just ran across it :)
    So cool. As an update... the memoir about the trip and my life with diabetes is out for pre-order next week.

    ReplyDelete