Sunday, May 9, 2010

Peanut Butter Overdose!?!

I eat a lot of peanut butter, but I am afraid I might have crossed the line. I eat almost a jar a week. I eat it for breakfast....everyday. I eat PB&J during workouts or even for dinner. I eat peanut butter with apples as a snack. I eat it with chocolate chips as a 'dessert' sometimes (no really, it is not every day).

This does sound a little overboard, but in my defense it is natural and a protein source. Recently, however, I have not been able to stand the smell of it and the thought of eating it is almost repulsive. What have I done? I'll need a new go-to food that is easy to eat with pretty much anything that I have in my pantry or fridge. Is there such a thing? I feel like it is breaking up with me.

The horror.

Anyways, I am gearing up for one of the best "block party" 12K races next weekend at Bay to Breakers in San Francisco. I am part of a centipede, which means I am tied to 11 or 12 other "runners" dressed in a crazy costume. Should be fun, however, I am not sure what I am going to bring with me to fuel up. Is there something like match.com for your favorite (relatively healthy) snack?

1 comment:

  1. I have peanut butter for breakfast about 80% of the time. Peanut butter and fruit spread, peanut butter and banana, peanut butter and cantaloupe, strawberries, tomatoes, pickles, etc.
    Fortunately, I haven't OD'ed yet.
    Maybe you just need some more variety in your peanut butter accompaniments?

    ReplyDelete