Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pumps, Doctor's Appointments and Rainbows

I am not sure how many people can relate, but I have been frustrated with my health care lately. I really cannot say that it is anyone's fault, but why do things take so long? Why aren't doctor's more proactive in their approach to treating diabetes? Why aren't I researching possibilities that are out there for me? I am sick of settling for the easy way, and really hope to be more proactive. My frustration currently lies with the fact that, I finally agreed to getting a pump last October. I finally have it at my house as of last week, but due to work/training/schedules/life I won't be able to start using it until July. Sheesh.

When I got home, there was the perfect rainbow outside my window. I could actually see it end to end (although no gold was visible). It was amazing. The weather was beautiful and I had a great view of the ocean rolling in. This is the great thing about being in Hawaii. If you take the time to look around you and take it in, immediate frustrations are immediately put in perspective. I need to do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment